Monday, February 6, 2012

A kid show that's not just for kids

            Posting that link brought back memories of my first time watching this show. It was actually my little brother who got me hooked. He kept raving on and on about this show he was watching in Nickelodeon and wanted me to watch it with him. I of course being the cool older sister had no time for such childishness but in the end when he caught the first episode playing I agreed to watch it hoping he would quit annoying me. I don't know about you guys but after that first episode I was enthralled. It wasn't at all what I was expecting! From the menacing Zuko to carefree Aang to the sarcastic and hilarious Sokka all the characters were interesting and I enjoyed watching the first episode a lot. I actually looked it up on the guide to see if they were going to play the second episode. 
         I finally caught up to my brother in the episodes and we began to watch it religiously. Luckily my brother and I get along great part of the reason being that if we find a series or a book that we love we become absolute nerds and we would have conversations on how cool it would be to have a flying bison or a kind and funny uncle like the former great general Iroh. Even putting aside characters for a moment and just thinking about being able to have the ability to bend elements sent our mind buzzing. We interact with the elements water, fire, earth and the air everyday and many of us do not realize how much we depend on them. Could you imagine living in a world like the one in this show where people are able to bend and manipulate these elements!? It sounds so cool!! Anyways, I'd better stop before I get too carried away. Yip Yip!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment