Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Korra makes her debut

          The series premiere of The Legend of Korra aired on Nickelodeon last Saturday. Unfortunately, I do not have cable so I could not watch it then but someone told me that iTunes has the first two episodes available FOR FREE! Now that I have officially watched them I have a better idea of where this new story might be headed.
          When I first saw the trailer I was worried that it would suck compared to the original. However, my roommate pointed out that you cannot judge how good a show will be by the first episode. I liked the original Avatar but as the series progressed the episodes definitely improved as I am sure this new series will improve.


          I do think they did a great job of introducing the characters and relating it to the parent series. Some of the old characters are still alive...most are not. It's sad but I mean you knew they couldn't live forever. You learn a little about the children that the heroes had. For example one of Aang's son is an important character and even Toph's daughter made an appearance!. They also referenced back to some other old characters which was great. I don't know about you guys but I definitely wondered how their lives turned out. 

          Actually, the more I write about the more I realize how much I liked it. It was fun trying to figure out who the children take after. There is a quirky, energetic little boy who is Aang and Katara's grandson and he greatly resembles Aang. I can't wait to see who else they mention in this series. They even mentioned Zuko's mother but her story was purposefully cut off making it an "aw man!" moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment